Hybrid cloud allows organizations to run a variety of applications either on-premise or in the public cloud. With this approach, enterprises can:
- Increase the speed at which they’re releasing products and features
- Scale applications to meet customer demand
- Move applications to the public cloud at their own pace
- Reduce time spent on infrastructure and increase time spent on writing code
- Reduce cost by improving resource utilization and compute efficiency
The vast majority of organizations have a portfolio of applications with varying needs. In some cases, data sovereignty and compliance requirements force a jurisdictional deployment model where an application and its data must reside in an on-premises environment or within a country’s boundaries. Alternatively, mobile and IoT applications are characterized with unpredictable consumption models that make the on-demand, pay-as-you-go cloud model the best deployment target for these applications.